Hello, friends! Happy Sunday
It was a very fall-like weekend in STL, complete with cooler temps and fall activities. We enjoyed a cozy bonfire with my family. It was fun to break in to my fall wardrobe for the first time!
I was inspired to break in to my pumpkin puree for the first time too! I posted the recipe for these energy bites and mentioned I was planning on playing around with the recipe. Here is my latest creation, a perfect seasonal snack.
Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
makes 15-20 balls
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ (or ground flaxseed)
- 1/2 cup protein powder (I used vanilla Sunwarrior. If you don’t want to use protein powder, substitute extra wheat germ or shredded coconut)
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped or crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup nut butter (I used almond butter)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- about 1/3 cup honey
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add nut butter and pumpkin puree and mix with a fork until mixture is crumbly and the nut butter and pumpkin are evenly distributed.
- Drizzle in honey and mix until evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Wet hands and form mixture into balls. Store energy bites in the refrigerator.
Mix until crumbly.
These little guys are great for pre- or post-workout fuel and midday snacks. I always stash a couple of them in my bag for the day. They are portable and delicious!
As promised, here is a peek into my favorite room in the house- the kitchen, of course! What sort of dietitian would I be if I didn’t unpack and organize the kitchen first?
Bulk food heaven
The bottom shelf is full of things we use on a daily basis- coffee, oats, brown rice. The second shelf is all dried beans and the top shelf is grains.
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend. See you soon, friends! Thanks for reading